Recipe: Fish Soup
- 1 large salmon steak.
- 2 fillets of white fish – pollack/coley/cod.
- 4 oz prawns or mussels (shelled).
- 2 onions – finely chopped.
- nutmeg/salt/pepper/bay leaf.
- 3 medium potatoes cubed.
- 1 large carrot – julienned.
- 1 tbsp curry powder or home made version.
- 1 fish stock cube or Thai fish sauce to taste.
- 1 tbsp tomato puree, olive or grapeseed or high oleic sunflower oil.
- 2 pints (approx) of real fish stock
- Sweat the onions/carrot/potatoes in oil for 10 minutes and add all spices then the tomato puree.
- Put in fish stock and stock cube. Boil then simmer long enough for the potatoes to cook. Put fish/shellfish in for 5 minutes and there you are.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Greek