- 4 sardines (fully gutted and heads removed).
- Colonna lemon olive oil
- mint leaves – roughly chopped
- Fresh Guernsey parsley roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- l teaspoon capers in white wine vinegar
- roughly chopped
- Fiddes Payne Spice-lt-Up all purpose seasoning
- 4 large sheets of Bakewell non-stick baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark7/220″C.
- Fold the parchment sheet in half like a book.
- Cut the sheet to form half a large heart shape, Open Lightly oil the sheet with a few drops of lemon olive oil.
- Place the fish on one 1/2 and stuff with mint, parsley, garlic and capers.
- Drizzle with the lemon olive oil and season.
- Fold over the parchment and fold and crimp the edges to completely seal the parcel.
- Carefully place on baking tray bake in the oven for l0- l5 minutes.
- The parcel will puff up and brown.
- Serve immediately on a platter unopened and allow each person to carefully open as the steam and delicious aromas escape.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)