Recipe: Sloppy joes
- 1 lb of ground meat
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped or pressed, olive oil.
- Sauce ingredients: – 1 cup chicken broth, 1/4 to 1/2 small can (6 oz or 170 g) tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tsp organic stone ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard powder and a dash of tabasco (optional).
- Put small amount of olive oil in fry pan along with chopped onions and garlic.
- Cook slowly for a few minutes till onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground meat and cook till no longer pink.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together with a whisk or blend in blender.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt/pepper or other ingredients to your own preference.
- Add to ground meat mixture.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)