Recipe: Tropical Fruit and Crab Salad
- 1kg whole crab – cleaned or 250g ready prepared
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander (cilantro)
- chopped 1 green chilli – seeded/chopped fine
- Large mango – peeled & sliced Ripe
- papaya – peeled/seeded/quartered
- Grated zest and juice 1/2 lime
- 2 kiwi – peeled quartered lengthways
- Small pineapple – quartered/cored/sliced
- To serve – lime wedges and optional guacamole.
- Gently stir oil, coriander and 1/2 chilli into crab meat.
- Arrange mango and papaya on a large platter and sprinkle them with lime zest and juice.
- Add kiwi fruit and pineapple.
- Spoon crab meat into centre and sprinkle with remaining chilli.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: African