Recipe: Whole Baked Pumpkin with Garlic
- Whole pumpkin
- salt and pepper.
- Use a medium buttercup pumpkin or any round green type.
- Cut a slice off the top of the pumpkin.
- Remove the seeds and soft pulp.
- Put a little olive oil into the pumpkin, pepper and salt and three cloves of sliced garlic.
- Replace the top and put the pumpkin into a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Bake in a moderate oven for about one hour or until tender.
- Present the pumpkin whole at the table and serve it sliced like a cake.
- Good with any meat.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)