Recipe: Baked Potato Salad
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of salad dressing oil
- 1/2 onion, thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon of celery seed
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 cup of tasty cheese
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan with 1 inch of cold water and 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring the water to boil and cover the saucepan.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the potatoes for 25 minutes, until tender, and then drain and cool the potatoes.
- When the potatoes have been cooked peel them and cut 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Pour oil into a medium frying pan and when hot put the finely chopped onion. Saute the onions until soft.
- Stir in flour, mustard, celery seed and the remaining salt.
- Gradually stir in the water and vinegar. Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens.
- Combine the diced potatoes and carrots into a large bowl. Pour over the marinade and use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Spoon half of the potato mix into a shallow oven dish and sprinkle with tasty cheese.
- Make another layer with the potato mixture and sprinkle over the last bit of cheese. Bake in a 350 ° F (180 ° C) oven for 15 to 20 minutes. You will know when it’s ready because the cheese will be melted.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)