Recipe: Fettuccine Carbonara
- 5 cups of fettuccine pasta
- 6 bacon rashers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 10 oz of cream
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a large saucepan of salted water and bring to a boil. Add the fettuccine pasta and cook for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente. Drain well. Transfer pasta back to pan and cover to keep warm.
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan, stirring occasionally until the bacon is crispy. Stir in the mushrooms into the pan and continue to cook until softened. Add the cream and stir through with the rest of the ingredients.
- Work quickly to combine the bacon mixture, hot pasta, eggs and cheese into the one saucepan. Serve immediately with some extra parmesan shavings on top if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Italian