Recipe: Garlic and Chilli Prawn Linguine
- 4 1/2 cups of linguine
- 16 oz of medium green prawns, cleaned, peeled, and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large peeled tomato, canned or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Finely chop the whole tomato and set aside.
- Cook the linguine pasta in large saucepan of salted boiling water, until al dente. Drain the pasta and transfer back to the pan.
- Meanwhile, add the garlic, olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, half of the parsley, salt and pepper, and prawns into a saucepan an cook over a medium heat for 2 minutes, or until the prawns begin to color.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow to summer for a further 5 minutes, tossing the ingredients regularly, until they turn white and are tender. Add the chopped tomato and toss though to just heat.
- Pour the prawn mixture into the cooked pasta and mix well.
- Arrange the garlic and chilli prawn linguine on a plate and serve immediately with parsley for garnish.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Chinese