Recipe: Gingerbread Men Holiday Cookies
- 3.5 ounces butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix together the dry pudding mix, butter, and sugar until creamy. Add in the egg.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and spices together; combine with wet mixture. Leave to chill for one hour, covered, until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C). Prepare nonstick cookie sheets. Roll dough onto floured board at 1/8th inch thickness, use cookie cutter to cut out gingerbread man shapes. Place cookies about two inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake for about 10 mins. Let cool on wire racks.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)