Recipe: caramel snack mix
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 (12 ounce) package crispy corn and rice cereal
- Preheat oven to 275F. Spray a large roasting pan with non−stick cooking spray.
- In a medium−size microwave safe bowl, mix butter, white corn syrup and brown sugar.
- Place the mixture in the microwave and cook 2 minutes, or until butter melts.
- Place the cereal, pecans and almonds into the prepared roasting pan.
- Pour the melted butter mixture over the cereal and nuts and mix gently until the cereal and nuts are coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- As the snack mix is cooling, be sure to continue to stir so that the mix will not harden into one big lump.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)