Recipe: Chicken and Pasta Salad
- 8 oz of penne pasta
- 4 oz of chicken breasts (cut in halves, boneless, skinless)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 oz of olive oil
- 3 asparagus, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- bunch of fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of good italian dressing (homemade or from supermarket is fine)
- Cook the pasta according to directions on the packet. When cooked chill the pasta in ice water, then drain. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water. When cooked chill the broccoli in ice water, then drain.
- Marinate the chicken with the half of the soy sauce. Heat oil in a large saucepan, cook the chicken until browned, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- Slice the chicken into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken strips into a bowl with all the other ingredients excluding the salad dressing and soy sauce.
- Put the remaining soy sauce into dressing, mix well and pour over pasta, chicken, and vegetables. Toss gently and serve immediately. This dish can also be served semi warm.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Spanish