Recipe: Thai Beef Salad
- 1 lb of beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 small red chilli, chopped
- 8 oz of mixed salad leaves
- 1 tablespoon of thai sweet chilli sauce
- Combine the lime juice, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl and mix well. Dip the steak into the marinade to coat thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours to develop the flavours.
- Cook the beef in a hot frying pan or grill for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until the meat is cooked to your liking. Allow the beef to cool down for a few minutes to release the juices. Slice the beef thinly into bite size pieces.
- To serve the thai beef salad, mix together the cucumber and salad leaves and place on a large platter or in a large bowl. Top with noodles (optional) and slices of beef. Pour thai sweet chilli sauce over the salad and you have yourself a very good meal.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Thai