Recipe: Holiday Glazed Ham
- 8 pound shank ham (with bone)
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons smoke flavoring (liquid)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- cloves to taste
- Heat oven to 275 F (135 C). In a roasting pan, place the ham shank and pour in 4 cups water, or enough to reach a 2 inch depth. Use a snug lid to cover.
- Proceed to bake for around 7 hours. Remove from oven, save liquid and set aside. Remove the bone and fat from the ham, and replace in the roasting pan.
- Skim off and discard the fat from the reserved liquid. Combine one cup of the liquid with the honey, sugar, smoke flavoring, sauce and cloves in a bowl. Glaze ham with mixture, cover and replace into the preheated oven.
- Bake for a half hour. Let cool ten minutes before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)