Recipe: Baked Salmon With Crunchy Pecans
- 3 tablespoons mustard (Dijon)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (fresh)
- 1/2 cup pecans (finely diced)
- 3 teaspoons parsley (chopped and fresh)
- 6 (4 ounce) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper (seasoning to taste)
- 6 wedges of lemon
- Heat oven to 400 F (200 C). Combine mustard with the butter and honey, set aside. In a second bowl, combine the bread crumbs, nuts and fresh parsley.
- Use salt and pepper to season the fillets to taste. Lightly grease a baking sheet, and place the fillets on the sheet. Brush with the honey mustard mixture. Then sprinkle the bread crumb mixture on top of each fillet.
- For every inch the fillet is thick (at the thickest part), bake for 10 minutes, or until the fillets flake with a fork. Use lemon wedges as a garnish when served.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)