Recipe: Garlic Herb Mashed Potatoes
- 8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, cut
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely ground pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add raw cubed potatoes and fill the pot with enough water to cover by one inch. Mix in the onion, garlic, spices and salt, and bring to a boil. Boil potatoes until cooked, around 15 minutes.
- Drain all water from pot, then empty into a large bowl. Add the additional salt and pepper, butter and milk.
- Mix thoroughly with a beater until fluffy. Add extra milk to thin if its too thick. Over mixing can cause a pasty consistency.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)