Recipe: Green Bean Casserole
- 43 ounces cut green beans (drained from cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces cream of mushroom soup (canned, condensed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed butter crackers
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Heat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Combine the green beans, cream, soup, and seasoning in a bowl. Pour into casserole dish. Mix melted butter together with crackers, then use as a topping on the casserole.
- Bake for about thirty minutes, until golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)