Recipe: Simple Spinach Lasagna
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thaw and drain)
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups Fresh Mushroom Italian Sauce
- 6 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the Ricotta cheese with the spinach and the Mozzarella.
- Spread only one cup of the pasta sauce in a baking dish (shallow, two quarts). Lay three lasagna noodles on top and half of the spinach mixture. Repeat these layers. Use the remaining pasta sauce on top. Slowly pour water around inside edges of baking dish. Cover for baking.
- Bake at 400 F for forty minutes. Uncover and sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Bake for an additional ten minutes or until hot. Let stand ten minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Spanish