Recipe: Spanish sausage and butter bean tangine
- 75g Chorizo sausage, skin removed and cut into 1cm slices
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion cut into thin petals
- 400g tinned butter beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons of finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- a few fresh sprigs of rosemary or thyme
- warm crusty bread, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, one with high sides is best. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes over a medium heat. Add the sausage and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the red wine to the pan and bring it to the boil. Allow it to bubble away until the mixture is reduced to half. Now add the tomatoes, red onion petals, butter beans, 100ml water and also the mixed herbs and rosemary or thyme sprigs. Allow it to simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered.
- Season it to taste with sea salt or feshly gound black pepper and spoon into warm serving bowls. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and serve immediately with chunks of warm crusty bread.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Spanish