Recipe: Stir Fried Seafood with Vegetables
- 300g mixed seafood such as prawns, scallops or squid rings, fresh or frozen
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 2 leeks, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 large onion cut into large chunks
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh coriander sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil in a large frying pan or a wok if you have one. Add the leeks, onion and peppers and stir-fry until lightly brown. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and place somewhere to keep warm.
- Heat the rest of the oil in the pan and add the mixed seafood, garlic and chili flakes, stir-fry over a high heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes whilst stirring occasionally. Increase the cooking time to 7-8 minutes if the seafood is frozen.
- Mixed the warm vegetables back into the pan and stir for another 30 seconds. Then pour onto a serving dish and add the balsamic vinegar and coriander to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Italian