Recipe: Stuffed Mushrooms with Pecorino and Herbs
- 1/2 cup of dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of pecorino romano, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large white mushrooms, stemmed and rinsed
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F (220 ° C). Combine the dried bread crumbs, pecorino romano cheese, garlic, parsley, mint, salt and black pepper to taste, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in a mixing bowl and blend all the ingredients well together.
- Lightly oil a large baking sheet to line it well. Spoon the breadcrumb mixture which you have made up into the cavities of each individual mushroom.
- Arrange the mushrooms evenly spread apart onto the baking sheet, with the cavity side up. With the leftover olive oil, drizzle on top of filling of each stuffed mushroom. Be generous with the oil it adds a richness to the mushrooms. Add some extra salt for taste if desired.
- Bake the mushrooms until tender and golden on top. The filling should also be well cooked, which will take about 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Italian