Recipe: Cheesy Biscuits and Beef
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef (lean)
- 1/2 cup onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup chile pepper (diced)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (canned)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 ounce canned, refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a hot pan, brown the ground beef, onion and pepper; drain oil. Mix in tomato sauce, chili powder, and garlic salt. Let simmer while preparing the buttermilk biscuits.
- Create ten biscuits with dough. Separate each into two layers. Line the bottom of a pie dish with one half of each to form bottom crust. Set aside other halves.
- Take meat off of the heat, and stir in only half a cup of the cheese, cream, and the egg. Add on top of bottom crust. Place other biscuit halves on top, use remaining cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for about half an hour, or until biscuits are a golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)