Recipe: Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 lb of chicken, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of curry paste
- 1 1/4 cups of coconut milk
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a frying pan. When the oil is hot enough stir in the curry paste and cook for 2 minutes, or until the curry paste starts to sizzle and become fragrant. Add the diced chicken and continue to cook until brown on all sides.
- Remove the chicken from pan and set aside. Heat oil into the same pan and add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft. Add the red peppers and any other seasonal vegetables which you have available. Continue to cook until the vegetables are soft. Add diced chicken to the vegetable mix which has softened, then pour in the coconut milk gradually, stirring constantly until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer the curry over a low to medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. It should be very fragrant. Serve immediately accompanied with noodles.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)