Recipe: Coconut Thai Chicken Salad
- 900g rotisserie cooked chicken, preferably still warm
- 200ml tinned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli dipping sauce
- 4 teaspoons Thai fish sauce
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into sticks
- 50g radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cos lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts or cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, quartered
- Remove the meat from the chicken carcass, including the wings and the legs, Tear the flesh into bite-sized pieces. Pour the coconut milk, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and lime juice into a bowl and mix well using a fork. Add the chicken meat to the bowl and toss it gently in the coconut dressing until well coated.
- Put the carrot, radishes, spring onions, lettuce and red peppers into a bowl and toss to mix. Divide the mixture between serving plates. Arrange the coconut chicken pieces on top and sppon any remaining dressing over the top.
- Sprinkle the salads with the chopped peanuts or cashew nuts, garnish with mint leaves and serve with a lime quarter for squeezing over.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: Thai