Recipe: Crumbed Lamb Cutlets with Asparagus
- 12 lamb cutlets
- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 1 cup of plain all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Beat the eggs lightly in a shallow bowl which is big enough to hold a lamb cutlet. Use a different bowl to put the breadcrumbs and a third bowl to also hold the flour.
- Start the process by rolling the lamb cutlets in the flour, one at a time, then dip them in the egg mixture before coating with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Cook the lamb cutlets for 3-5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown. Place the lamb cutlets on an oven tray and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Use the same sauce pan to cook the asparagus for about 2 minutes. Add any remaining breadcrumbs which are leftover into the pan and cook for a a couple more minutes, until the asparagus is a golden green color. Serve the lamb cutlets alongside the asparagus in a serving plate.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)