Recipe: Golden Baked Pork Chops
- 6 pork chops
- 1 teaspoon garlic (powder)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs (Italian, Seasoned)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 10.75 ounces condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Rinse and dry the pork, then season using garlic powder and seasoning salt. Set aside beaten eggs in a separate bowl. Cover pork lightly with the flour, then dip into the beaten eggs, and cover with bread crumbs.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Fry the pork chops for five minutes on each side, or until the breading appears golden. Place them in a 9×13 baking dish, and cover with foil.
- Bake for one hour. While baking, mix together the soup with the milk and white wine in a bowl. After the pork chops have baked for an hour, pour on the soup mixture. Replace foil, and bake for additional 30 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)