Recipe: Herb Roasted Turkey
- 12 pound Turkey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (chopped and fresh)
- 1 tablespoon basil (chopped and fresh)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- salt for seasoning
- Mix together the oil, garlic, and all spices.
- Prepare the turkey. Smother with spice mixture under the skin, using the extra on the outside.
- Place the turkey on roasting pan with rack. Pour water into pan covering bottom about a quarter inch. Roast depending on how much the turkey weights, about twenty mins per pound. Bake at 325 F (175 C). Temperature should be 180 F (82 C) with meat thermometer.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Middle Eastern