Recipe: Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 lb of chicken drumsticks
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- Combine the soy sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, honey and white wine in a small saucepan. Stir the mixture over a low heat until the honey softens and all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Remove the skin from the chicken drumsticks and score though the flesh in 1 inch intervals, making cuts in opposite directions to create the scored appearance. Pour marinade over the prepared chicken drumsticks. Place in a refrigerator and allow to marinate for 1 hour to develop the flavors.
- Remove the chicken drumsticks from the marinade and barbecue over a preheated oiled BBQ plate or grill with the roasting hood down for about 25 minutes, turning the chicken occasionally to cook evenly, until tender and the juices are running clear. Brush two or three times with the remaining marinade towards end of cooking.
- If you are cooking the chicken without a roasting hood, then allow extra time for cooking.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)