Recipe: Mexican Beef Tacos
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- lettuce,tomato,cheese for filling
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 packet of taco shells
- 1 cup of green chili or taco sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Line the oven tray with baking paper and place the taco shells on tray, evenly spread apart. Heat the tacos until hot, for about 5 minutes. You don’t want to brown them. Saute the ground beef in a hot saucepan until browned. Add the onion and continue to cook until lightly browned.
- Add a pinch of salt and black pepper to taste. You can also add some garlic if you like the taste. Spoon a large tablespoon of meat mixture in each individual taco shell and stuff with lettuce, tomato and cheese. Pour green chili or taco sauce on top of the beef tacos for some extra flavor.
- Serve the tacos immediately while still warm.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Mexican