Recipe: Roasted Leg of Lamb
- 1 leg of lamb
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 6-8 sprigs of rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- mixed vegetables, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F (200 ° C). Use a sharp knife to make a few small incisions in the outside of the leg of lamb. Insert the garlic and rosemary into each of the cuts. Both these flavors are a classic combination with lamb.
- Rub the skin of the lamb with a little bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Place the lamb in a large baking tin and surround with a selection of peeled and chopped vegetables. Drizzle the vegetables with the remaining oil.
- Roast the lamb in the oven for about1 hour, maybe a bit longer. Approximately every 20 minutes coat the lamb with the juices which develop at the bottom of the baking tin. Remove from the oven, cover and allow to cool down before carving. Keep the vegetables warm until ready to serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)