Recipe: Banana Bread
- 2 cups of ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups of plain all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of butter
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Lightly grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf tin. Mash 2 cups of very ripe bananas. Do this by peeling the bananas, cut them into small pieces, and mash them in a food processor or blender.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Using a different mixing bowl, combine the cream, butter and brown sugar, and mix together thoroughly. Stir in the beaten eggs and mashed bananas until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the banana mixture into flour bowl, stir for a little while to make the mixture moist. Pour the batter into prepared loaf tin which you have greased. Bake in the oven for 1 hour, or until the center of the loaf is soft and most. Test to see if a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the banana bread to cool down for 10 minutes before serving on a plate.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)