Recipe: Cheesy Corn on the Cob
- 6 fresh sweet corn in the husk
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 packet of creamy cheese sauce OR
- 1/2 packet of cheddar cheese powder
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel back the corn husks, leaving them intact. Pull off the white silks and discard. Wash the corn and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine the butter, garlic, chili powder, parsley, creamy cheese sauce or cheddar cheese powder and some salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush each cob. Pull up the husks and tie together at the top with some string. Steam over boiling water for about 20 minutes, then pat dry.
- Preheat a lightly oiled BB plate or grill and cook the corn over a medium heat for 20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until the corn is tender and cheesy. Spray over some water during the cooking to ensure that you keep the corn moist. Remove the husks and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)