Recipe: Chocolate Cake
- 2 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Lightly grease a 8 inch wide cake tin. Sift the butter, cocoa powder, flour, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla essence into a large mixing bowl and beat all the ingredients very thoroughly for 3 minutes with a electric mixer. Pour the mixture into the cake tin.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes. You will know when the cake is ready because it will be firm to touch. You can also poke a wooden skewer in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean, the the chocolate cake is ready.
- Remove from the oven when cool enough to handle and allow to cool down on a cake rack before further handling. If you wish to add some icing on top of the cake, dust with a little flour or sifted cocoa powder. This will help the icing stick to the cake.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)