Recipe: Girl Scout Samoa Cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 of 14−oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 cups toasted coconut
- 1 cup semi−sweet or milk chocolate chips
- In 2−quart saucepan over medium−low heat, combine butter, sugar and corn syrup.
- Heat to a full boil, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
- Continue cooking over low heat until candy thermometer reaches 220−228 degrees.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Beat until creamy.
- Immediately stir in toasted coconut and mix well.
- Spoon mixture by teaspoonfuls into circular mounds onto buttered waxed paper.
- Flatten slightly and with the end of a wooden spoon poke a small round hole into the center.
- of each cookie. Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle thinly in stripes over.
- cookies and let chocolate harden at room temperature.
- Store in airtight container.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)