Recipe: Grilled Trout with Herbs
- 4 rainbow trout
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 1/4 oz of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, sliced
- Rinse trout, pat dry with a paper towel and cut each trout lengthwise on the belly of each fish to make a cavity for filling.
- Combine the chopped parsley, basil, rosemary, garlic, and a little olive oil into the cavities of each trout.
- Lightly brush the outside of each trout with olive oil. Cook the fish on preheated BBQ plate or grill for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes when touched.
- Combine the butter, lemon juice and lemon rind into a small bowl and mix all the ingredients thoroughly together. Top each fish with a spoonful of the butter mixture before serving to make it more flavorful.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)