Recipe: Lemon Dessert Bars
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (finely ground)
- 1 cup butter (soft)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon zest of a lemon
- Heat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Combine only two cups of the flour with finely ground sugar. Add in the softened butter. Mix until thick with dough-like consistency. Form the dough into a rectangle baking pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until brown.
- Mix together eggs, white sugar, remaining flour, lemon juice zest. Pour mixture on top of baked crust.
- Bake the bars an additional 20 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle remaining sugar once it’s cooled.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)