Recipe: Lemon Sorbet
- 2 teaspoons of lemon rind, finely grated
- 9 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2/3 cup of sugar, granulated
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 1 egg white
- Add the sugar, water and lemon rind into a large saucepan over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue to cook until the sugar starts to dissolve into the liquid. Bring it to a boil and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until it forms a syrup like consistency.
- Remove the syrup from the heat and allow to cool down completely.
- Add the lemon juice from 3 lemons, mix well and pour into a storage container. Cover and store in the freezer until the lemon juice has thickened and and is slushy.
- Add the egg white into the mixture, and fold until it thickens up. Put the sorbet back into the freezer and freeze until stiff. Remove the sorbet from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving so it loosens up a little bit.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)