Recipe: Orange Vanilla Cookies
- 1/2 cup orange flavored drink mix (Such as “Tang”)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla baking chips
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Combine all ingredients in one large bowl. Add butter, egg (slightly beaten) and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Make heaping tablespoon fulls of mixture into balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Let cool for five minutes on the sheet then place cookies on wire racks to cool.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)