Recipe: Raspberry Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup over ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen, and unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or nut of your choice)
- Begin heating oven to 350 F (175 C).
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine together eggs, bananas, oil and water in second bowl. Combine with the dry mixture only until moistened. Add the raspberries and nuts.
- Pour mixture in two greased 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pans. Bake for one hour, until knife comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes before placing on wire racks.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)