Recipe: Seafood Risotto
- 6.25 oz of fish stock (homemade or store bought)
- 1.4 oz of butter
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1.5 cups of arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of white wine
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- bay leaf
- 1 sprig of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- medium green prawns
- black mussels
- Heat 1 oz of the butter in a large saucepan. Add the carrots, tomatoes, bay leaf and parsley. Bring to the boil and cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. Add the fish, mussels and prawns and bring back to the boil.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the rice to the pan and stir gently fro 2 minutes to coat the grains. Add the wine and fish stock. Stir and allow for most of the liquid to evaporate.
- Add the remaining fish stock , a little but at a time to the rice mixture . The amount of stock added should just cover the rice. Allow the rice to absorb the liquid before more is added. It will take about 20-25 minutes to cook.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining butter on top.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: Italian