Recipe: Strawberry Crepes with Honey Syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of milk
- 2/3 cup of water
- 1 cup of plain all-purpose flour
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of orange rind
- 1 tablespoon of lemon rind
- To make the crepes. Use a large mixing bowl to combine the eggs, milk. Whisk the ingredients and gradually add the flour until you have a smooth consistency.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, which has been sprayed with olive oil. Pour 1/2 of the crepe batter into the pan and swirl the pan so the batter evenly coast the pan. Cook the crepe for 1 minute on each side until golden brown. Set aside and do the same with the remaining crepe mixture. It may be necessary to use more olive oil spray to cook the other crepes.
- To make the syrup. Combine the honey, lemon juice, orange juice, lemon rind and orange rind and 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch into a small saucepan. Cook over a low heat for 2 minutes to form a syrup. Add the strawberries and remove from heat.
- To serve, fold crepes into quarters and top with strawberry syrup.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)