Recipe: Strawberry Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
- 4 oz of unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 large rip strawberries
- 1 cup of icing sugar for icing
- 1-2 drops of pink food coloring
- 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (180 ° C). Place paper patty cases in a 12 hole cupcake tin. Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes, until combined. Increase the speed of the electric mixer and beat for a further 3 minutes, until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the patty cases. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden browned and firm to touch.
- To make the strawberry icing, first of all mash the strawberries with a fork. Alternatively you could chop the strawberries and mash them in a food processor or blender. Combine the mashed strawberries and 1 cup of icing sugar, 1-2 drops of pink food coloring and 1-2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Beat until smooth and spread the icing over the cupcakes.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: English