Recipe: White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberries
- 1 cup cookie crumbs (chocolate)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 10 ounces raspberries (frozen)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup half/half cream
- 24 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine in a bowl: crumbs, 3 TBS. sugar, and melted butter. Pour into a 9 inch springform pan, forming to bottom.
- Mix raspberries, 2 TBS. sugar, cornstarch, and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Let boil for five minutes, until thickened. Strain sauce to remove seeds.
- Heat oven to 325 F (165 C). Melt white chocolate chips with cream by placing ingredients in a metal bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar stirring until smooth. Add the eggs and then mix in the vanilla and melted white chocolate mixture. Pour only half of the batter into the crust. Add about 3 TBS. of the raspberry sauce on top of the batter. Then pour in the rest of the cheesecake batter into the pan. Add another 3 TBS. raspberry sauce on top. Swirl batter mixture using the tip of a knife to achieve pattern.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes, or until center is set. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate for around eight hours before taking it out of the pan. Before serving, add the last of the raspberry sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)