Recipe: Fajita Kebabs
- 1/2 pound beef stir-fry strips
- 1/2 pound chicken stir-fry strips
- 1 small onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 large green, red and/or yellow bell pepper,
- cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup mesquite or fajita sauce
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed Toppings Ingredients:
- Shredded lettuce
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Sour Cream
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Meanwhile, alternately thread beef strips, chicken strips, onions and peppers on 8 metal skewers, leaving at least 1/2-inch space between items.
- Place kabobs on grill. Brush kebabs generously with mesquite sauce. Grill, turning once and brushing with mesquite sauce, until beef reaches desired doneness and chicken is no longer pink (10 to 12 minutes).
- Place 1 kebab in each tortilla. Serve with toppings as desired. Makes 4 servings.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)