Recipe: Potato Casserole
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar
- 4 medium potatoes, cooked
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread mashed potatoes evenly on bottom of casserole dish. Layer sour cream evenly over top. Add salt and pepper to taste. Saute onion and bell pepper in 1 tablespoon of butter; evenly layer over top of sour cream. Slice potatoes and layer over onions and bell peppers.
- Melt remaining butter and drizzle over potatoes. Finally top with cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and crumble bacon over top.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)