Recipe: Santa Fe Grilled Beef Steaks & Corn
- 4 beef T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, cut
- 1-inch thick(about 4 pounds) or boneless beef top loin steaks, cut 1-inch thick (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 ears sweet corn, in husks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients; remove and reserve 1/4 cup. Drain corn.
- Place on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 20 to 30 minutes, turning frequently. After 5 or 10 minutes, place beefsteaks on grid with corn. Grill T-bone or Porterhouse steaks, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes (top loin steaks 15 to 18 minutes) for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally and brushing with glaze during last 5 minutes.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup glaze and butter in 1-cup glass measure. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Carefully peel corn; brush with chili butter. Serve with steaks and remaining chili butter. Makes 4 servings.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: supper
Culinary tradition: USA (General)