Recipe: Banana Split Cake
- 4 cups crushed graham crackers
- 3 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 16-ounce box powdered sugar
- 20-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 bananas, sliced
- 12-ounce container whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. For crust, mix crushed graham crackers and 1 stick of butter. Line bottom and sides of a 13 by 9-inch pan with mixture. Bake crust for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Beat the eggs, 2 sticks butter, and the powdered sugar until fluffy. Spread mixture on cooled crust. Add layer of crushed pineapple and layer of sliced bananas.
- Cover with whipped topping and sprinkle with nuts or graham crackers. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)