Recipe: Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter
- 15 fresh Brussels sprouts, halved lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed with the flat of a knife freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Melt butter and olive oil in a medium skillet (over medium-high heat) until butter is foamy. Reduce heat to medium, add smashed garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove garlic and discard. Add sprouts cut side down, cover, and cook without stirring on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife. The cut side of the sprouts should get nice and browned, with a nutty, buttery flavor enhanced by garlic.
- Top with freshly grated parmesan and salt & pepper to taste.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)