Recipe: Jalapeno Brownies
- 4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh jalapenos
- 1 cups chopped toasted walnuts
- Melt chocolate with shortening in a microwave or over a double boiler. Mix flour with baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs well; then gradually beat in the sugar. Blend in the chocolate mixture and vanilla. Add flour mixture and blend well, stir in jalapenos and nuts.
- Spread in a greased 9″x13″ pan. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 25-30 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)