Recipe: McDonald’s Chicken Sandwich
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Golden Dipt tempura mix
- 2 Tablespoons yellow corn meal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon msg (Accent)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 chicken breast filets
- 4 sesame seed hamburger buns
- 1 cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- 4 tomato slices
- McChicken Sauce: 1/4 cup Kraft mayonnaise
- 1/16 teaspoon onion powder
- Stir together well, refrigerate until needed. Beat the egg and then combine it with 1 cup water in a small shallow bowl.
- Stir. Combine the flour, tempura mix, salt, msg, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder in a one gallon size zip lock bag. Pound each of the breast filets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick. Trim each breast filet until it is round. Coat each filet with the flour mixture by shaking in the zip lock bag. Remove and dredge each filet in the egg mixture, coating well. Then return each filet to the flour/seasoning mixture. Shake to coat. Put filets, bag and all, in the freezer for at least an hour. Cover and refrigerate remaining egg mixture. After freezing, repeat the flouring process.
- Get fryer ready. Deep fry the chicken filets at 375F for 10-12 minutes or until light brown and crispy. While the chicken is frying, toast 1 sesame seed bun and place sauce on top bun. Follow that with 1/4 cup freshly chopped iceberg lettuce and tomato slices. Then top with the cooked chicken patty, and the bottom of the bun (it will be upside-down).
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)