Recipe: Ruby Tuesday’s Buffalo Chicken Wontons
- 12 wonton wrappers, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, to brush on wontons
- 6 cups water, to boil chicken
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons louisiana hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons liquid margarine
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- blue cheese dressing
- celery (to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Place the wonton wrappers on a work surface and brush lightly with the oil. Mold the wontons, oiled-side up, into the bottoms of miniature (1-inch) muffin tins.
- Bake until light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and remove from the muffin tins. Cool on a wire rack. Place on a baking sheet and cover tightly with plastic wrap until ready to assemble. Cook the chicken at a simmer until cooked through, about 12 minutes. Cool the chicken slightly, then finely chop and shred with a fork. Season with a little salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together the Hot Sauce, liquid margarine, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add the chicken and mix well. Refrigerate until slightly chilled. To assemble: Place 1 heaping teaspoon of the chicken mixture in each wonton cup and garnish with bleu cheese dressing and crunchy celery sticks for dipping. Serve at room temperature.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)